Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Weekly Poll: Evan Watkins' Playing Time

While it's been openly said by Coach Fitz that Dan Persa will be starting on Saturday, I'm not one to take concussions lightly. Persa still needs to be cleared by doctors sometime tomorrow -- otherwise he will have to sit out the entire game and backup Evan Watkins will be the starter. My understanding is that first-team snaps have been split closer to 50/50 than most weeks, which begs the question:

How many series will Evan Watkins see this week?

As a reminder, a series is defined as a possession where the QB is able to take a snap. So if a possession ends in a turnover or touchdown by the defense or special teams, it's not a series.

As mentioned in my last post, I fully expect Persa to clear the doc's exam and start on Saturday. But will we really have him running the offense the entire game? My guess is... probably not. I foresee that Watkins will get at least a few snaps (and perhaps an extended drive) against Penn State on Saturday. Let me hear what you think at the poll on the upper-left side of the blog! Will Watkins play at all? Will he be allowed to throw the ball? Do you think he'll have a touchdown drive? Let me hear about it in the Comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment