Thursday, October 21, 2010

Starting Up Again: Everyone Gets a Mulligan

I had visions, I was in them / I was looking into the mirror / To see a little bit clearer / The rottenness and evil in me.






Alright, I need to fess up and apologize for the lack of updating the past two weeks. I ran into some time where I really needed to catch up on classwork, because I was starting to turn into a bad student. Funny how that happens when one's doing umpteen things aside from classwork, huh? At any rate, things have calmed down and you'll be seeing more posts from me from now on. If I'm going to be gone an extended amount of time, I'll try to keep you all posted.


Aaaaanyway, I thought of the opening lyrics of Harvey Danger's "Flagpole Sitta" as a fitting position for our 'Cats, who have had two weeks to reflect on their loss to Purdue. The mental errors that have happened on the field are hopefully getting fixed for the upcoming bout against undefeated Michigan State. Arby Fields might have recommitted himself to playing hard and keeping control of the football. The defense has perhaps shored itself up, particularly in the secondary. All we can do is hope, but I have faith in Coach Fitz that our boys will be prepared.

Speaking of second chances, last week's games in the Big Ten have essentially allowed us to control our own destiny once again. Michigan has dropped two conference games. Ohio State lost a tough road game against Wisconsin. With the exception of Purdue (who has a road game against aforementioned Buckeyes), we still have games against the remaining undefeated teams. Translation: Winning out probably means a share of the Big Ten title at least. The opportunity for a Rose Bowl is still out there. Michigan State is coming to Ryan Field. Let's show them that we mean business, and that we're hungry for going 1-0 this week.

Go 'Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment